DECIDING TO REPLACE YOUR EQUIPMENT
When it comes to air conditioner maintenance, repairs, and replacements, A/CTemp is the best in the business. Ultimately, you’ll have to replace your air conditioner at some point. Florida residents can rely on our team of experts to have their air conditioning systems back up and running in no time.
Is it better to repair or replace the AC unit?
You’ll know when it’s time to replace your air conditioner if it gives you a heads-up. Warning flags like these might help you avoid unnecessary repairs or plan for an installation at the right time.
- How old is your air conditioner?
A well-maintained air conditioner may last up to 20 years, but it can also fail after five years if it isn’t correctly cared for. Your air conditioner may need to be replaced sooner rather than later, especially if it’s more than ten years old.
- How often should you replace your air conditioning unit?
Our air conditioning experts recommend a replacement if your air conditioner frequently requires care due to issues like inadequate airflow or weird noises and if you notice leaks in the system.
Is it worth it to replace AC unit?
You can use these guidelines to determine whether replacing rather than repairing is better.
- Your cooling system is out of warranty or has been used for more than eight years.
- R-22 refrigerant is no longer being produced. Thus, you’ll need to replace your air conditioner.
- This is the second time in the last year that you’ve had to make costly Major repairs.
- You’ve noticed a massive increase in your utility expenses.
- Older units running a lot longer to acquire desired Temperatures
- Strange unusually noises coming from compressor on units near end of life
- Coil leakage on units near end of life
- Units that show considerable corrosion on both outside and inside coils.
When should you replace your AC?
There are a few things to remember when purchasing new air conditioning equipment. Unless there are issues with your AC, you may anticipate replacing it every 10 to 15 years. Once the weather turns chilly, maintain routine maintenance and safe storage for the HVAC system.
How do I know when my AC unit needs to be replaced?
An air conditioner’s efficiency decreases with time, just like any other machine. Many folks don’t know when to replace or repair their equipment. In an ideal world, an air conditioner would last between seven and ten years before needing to be replaced. Replace it if it’s getting old and is causing you problems. This is due to the high cost of maintaining older equipment. The following are warning indications that it’s time to have your air conditioner:
- Poor airflow and inadequate cooling
- Moisture Amplification
- Strange Squeals
- Grisly Odors
- Highly-priced Electricity Bills